About the instructor
Jay’s media career stretches 25 years from broadcast to corporate and includes positions as radio host, news anchor, field reporter, voice actor, video producer, analyst and media consultant.
Today, he is passionate about teaching and coaching the next generation of broadcasters and voice actors; and also teaches Broadcasting in the Communication Department at the University of Indianapolis.
There are far too many geographic and financial barriers to professional broadcasting training. Before the internet, a media personality would need to reside in a major media market to study the craft. Not any more. StudyBroadcasting courses help eliminate geographic barriers and offer affordable training for learners at all levels, helping you become job ready in less time.
FRACTION OF THE COST
Broadcasting does not require a college degree or thousands in student loans. Virtually anyone can learn how to become a broadcaster through professional training, coaching and on the job experience. StudyBroadcasting offers the same material for a fraction of the cost of broadcasting schools and traditional universities.
Art of the Call: Play by Play Announcing is an entry-level sportscasting course. In this course you will learn:
- Roles of the Play by Play Announcer, Color Analyst and Sideline Reporter
- How to remember key stats and facts and have them when you need them
- Research and preparation - who to talk to and where to find insightful information
- How to develop relationships with coaches, players and trainers
- How to conduct a pregame and postgame interview
- Where to find job opportunities
- How to build an online audience
Set yourself apart by covering a niche sport:
- Australian Rules Football
- Team Handball
- Sepak takraw
- Synchronized Swimming
- Martial Arts
- Drag Racing
- Pre-Game Research & Preparation
- Sideline Reporting
- Play by Play Announcing
- Color Analysis
- Calling Football
- Calling Basketball
- Calling Baseball
- Calling Ice Hockey
- Calling Soccer
- Calling Racing - Horses and Auto
- 15 International Niche Sports
- Building your Sportscasting Career
For a comprehensive sportscasting curriculum, enroll in Total Sportscasting: Performance, Production and Career Development.